Specific Key Requirements by Banks
1. No spaces are allowed in the member’s Unique Mandate Reference, (UMR) with Ulster Bank
2. The file will fail on submission through their portal if
- There’s an invalid BIC
- If the IBAN is incorrect
- If the BIC or IBAN is in lowercase
Bank of Ireland
The following rules apply to the file name:
1. The file name must contain the following reference ‘PAIN008’. This may appear at the beginning or within the filename.
2. The file extension must be ‘.xml’, i.e. PAIN008.xml
3. Filename must not exceed 50 characters.
4. Only alphanumeric characters must be used in the filename (preceding the file extension ‘.xml’).
5. Filename must contain no spaces